Monday, September 8, 2008

Super Saturday

Okay so remember when I said it had been a crazy weekend for us? Well... after the 14 hour Salsa extravaganza, I had the crazy idea to have a Yard Sale. Yes, I am nuts! But we all know this so let's not dwell on it ... so we had a fairly successful yard sale, thanks to my awesome friends who helped me make and put up signs, and my "sis", Tina who helped me sort and organize everything until after midnight - and thanks to my parents who kept me standing on Saturday! Thanks everybody! And of course with every Yard Sale comes a Lemonade Stand (courtesy of Angie) - hey, the kid's have gotta make a living too, ya know!

..............................................................................................................................................................

And then of course, we couldn't miss the U of U football game - not a chance! And since it was my dad's last day in town, we needed to go big - so we decided to ride the new UTA FrontRunner train into town and then take TRACKS up to the game. It worked out pretty smoothly ... but let's just say it took ALL DAY - like we got home well after midnight!

This is us ... (minus me) ... waiting for the train.

As we all know, the University of Utah football season plays a rather LARGE role in the Clark home. We (he) takes things pretty seriously. But as you can see - the stadium was PACKED! So, it's nice to know we aren't alone!


Grandpa and Hallie had a great time!

And our little Mason (bless his heart) has re-lived the game about 40 times since then in our front yard... while asking his dad millions of questions about who plays what position and what happened in which quarter and so on...



And of course there was peace and happiness when we finally got home that night because... THEY WON! (by a lot, might I add)
G O U T E S!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I am now really glad that we didn't decide to take TRAX! We toyed with the idea because we knew parking would be crazy. Thankfully for our babysitter (and our wallet) we just parked FAR away.
I will definitely plan on picking up Mason and Isabelle tomorrow morning. Hopefully that will help him out. Could he play tomorrow after school as well?
Also, let's plan a blog night soon so you can help me get my blog looking cute! I finally figured out that I really don't need to go private if our last name, etc. isn't on there. DUH! I still might just so I don't have to always worry about it. However, I know I like to look at strangers' blogs! (Friends of friends,etc.)
Let me know when would work for you.
Love ya!

Thiago & Teri said...

That picture of your dad and Hallie is so priceless, I just love her expression. Oh, a yard sale sounds like so much work, hopefully you came out making a little money off of it. And I love the lemonade stand, if I had seen it I would have bought one for sure.