Wednesday, September 24, 2008

It's official....

...I'M OLD!

So, I turned the big THIRTY last week - and I can honestly say, it wasn't fun. I'm not sure why it effected me so bad - but I really do feel OLDER. Usually birthdays just come and go for me without really noticing. But this one felt weird. Ugh. Oh well, I guess it's time for me to grow up and embrace my true age. Anyway, as we all know ... I have great friends - and therefore this is what I woke up to that morning. Thanks guys for never forgetting to announce my birthday to the world! (and a special thanks to Paula for the TOILET PAPER! - You're dead.)

After spending the majority of the day with my friend, Tina - who I'm afraid felt obligated to hang out with me all day since it was my birthday. Thanks, Tina - and thanks for LUNCH! It was a lot of fun... I came home to these awesome flowers from my Dad!! My dad never forgets about me and always manages to send me something to let me know he cares. He is the greatest Dad ever... and I mean it! Thanks, Dad - I love you.

And later that evening, I went and saw cute Kinley and Erica rock the house in their High School Musical play. They did awesome! Good job guys.

After which I came home to my adorable family - who had cake and ice cream ready for me. And my kids had worked really hard to make me these adorable presents filled with all sorts of fun stuff. Thanks, guys! I love you.


And don't worry, my birthday didn't end there! The next day, we all went to the Spaghetti Factory for dinner (my favorite) to celebrate a little more.

I have the best family in the whole wide world. I am truly blessed!



Oh and don't you worry - my sweet husband took me to the Little America Hotel for the weekend. It was so much fun! We just relaxed and spent some much needed time together. Thanks to my mom who so kindly watched my kids for us so we could have a little bit of time together. Thanks Mom!! And Thanks, Ross - I love you very much. You truly are the best husband I could ever ask for.
So, don't worry - my big 30th birthday didn't go uncelebrated!

Thanks to all who made it really fun and special. I couldn't ask for better family and friends.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I am so glad you posted those pictures! It made me feel a little bit more apart of the celebration since we couldn't be there for it! It looked like you had a great day. I am so glad you have such amazing friends. That is such a blessing. You do have a great family, Ames. We all love you so much. I feel so blessed to be part of your family. I love having you as my sister. You mean the world to me and I love you tons!
BTW, I love Hallie's hair in those pigtails...it's darling!

Jenni said...

I can't believe it! I forgot you had your birthday was right by Chad's. Happy late birthday to you!!! It sounds like a great day. What a sweet little family you have, you have to love it when your husband thinks of things like that, that is the best!!! Oh and I am glad it was you that had to clean up all that toilet paper!!

Thiago & Teri said...

Oh happy B-day!! How funny that you and your brother's B-day's are so close...what are the odds of that. Anyways, that sounds like the greatest B-day ever, you not only did one fun thing, but tons of them. I am jealous, all we ever do is go out to dinner. Sounds like Thiago and I need to be a little more creative.

Next week we should definitely get together, Saturday night I have a shower for my soon to be sis in law, but Friday would be good. What do you think??

Unknown said...

I'm glad you had a great birthday! You finally joined the ranks. Man few more years... never mind I can't even say it.