Sunday, September 7, 2008

It's Salsa Season!

Alrighty so this was one heck of a weekend, I've just gotta tell ya. Every year about this time, some of my friends and I try to be domestic and make SALSA. It was my turn to do it in my kitchen - what a great way to break in a new kitchen! Last year's batch was AMAZING and we all went through it way too fast. So, we wanted to make more this year. Let's just say we went a little overboard, okay. 108 JARS OF SALSA! Don't ask me how it happened or what we were thinking, but we've got enough salsa to run our own mexican restaurant. Way fun, but let's just say I couldn't feel my feet by the end of the day. It's amazing what can happen when you get 5 girlfriends together to do a project! I know you are all amazed and impressed.

So 14 hours later, with frustrated husbands, tired kids and aching bodies we present to you ....


What Angie has officially named our "BFF Salsa". (yes, and she even made labels!)

And I've just gotta say - it is super fantastically delicious! (not that we'd admit it if it wasn't) Might I suggest warming it up with shredded cheese... mmm... mmm...!

Thanks girls! Let's not do it again until next year okay?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wait if after smelling onions all day, standing for 14 hours chopping stirring bottling etc. Baby Thor did not attempt to come out. He is not coming the week early I've been hoping for. What's the doctor's number? I'm setting the appointment to start early.

Thiago & Teri said...

What a fun idea...I for one am very impressed. My mom does all kinds of canning but me myself have never tried it. Way to go!

Andrea said...

Once again Ames...you amaze me. Seriously girl, where do you get the energy? Could you bottle some of that up and give it to me? lol Reading that and looking at the pictures made me seriously salivate. Could you send some back with your mom for us? I would love to try some! This was a great way to break in the kitchen though!

angie said...

so are you still cleaning tomatoes off of your walls and cupboards? yeah lets not do it again until next year?!