Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Make it stop!

MY LITTLE GIRL STARTED PRESCHOOL!

What is going on? I feel like everything is going in fast forward and if I blink I might miss something. How in the world can I have a 1st grader and a pre-schooler? Didn't I just graduate from high school? I'm the type of mom that takes video and pictures of EVERYTHING but then can't go back and look at it EVER because it will make me cry uncontrolably for weeks straight. It's really hard for me to watch my kids grow up. I will never get this time back.

Anyway.... let's try and pull it together here.... Hals started preschool on Tuesday with Mrs. Eggett. She did GREAT! Originally I thought that she would have a hard time, since she has watched her big brother cry practically every day for the past 2 weeks as he goes to school. But I didn't give her enough credit. She went like a champ! She is one of only 3 girls in her class - which is normal for Hals. She is used to being around the boys. And her buddies, Max and Camden are in her class so that helps. I think she was just totally ready after watching her big brother go through all of this the past few years.


She came home from school and had to instantly call her daddy and tell him how "great" her day was. I'm so proud of her. What a big girl!

Okay, so she's not really participating. But at least she's not crying!! I think she did great.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh how I love that girl! Yeah, Ames, how do you have a preschooler already?! She looks adorable. Isn't it sad how fast they grow up? The sad part for me is the same as you...you'll never get that time back again. You don't have to worry though. You are an awesome mom and your kids are extrememly lucky and blessed to have you as their mother. Love you all TONS!!!

angie said...

way to go hals!!!! you are one styling pre-schooler.

Thiago & Teri said...

Oh, I know the feeling of watching your kids grow to fast. The preschool I am sending Carson to next year, has a waiting list so I just called and got him set up for next year. I couldn't believe he is that old already. So fun to watch them grow, but so sad at the same time. So sad about Cole's eye...I was going to say maybe it is pink eye, but nope. I get pink eye every time I get a cold, and it is miserable. Love your blog Ame..keep up the great posting.

Leslie said...

I love your blog and I love you! Thanks for your concern / comment on my blog. You are a great friend and I am so happy Mason and Kaden are buddies!