Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween carving and creating!

Okay so normally I like to do a lot of baking and fun stuff around Halloween. But I tell ya - this year has been a little crazy. I'm not sure where the time went - but it's already Halloween! So, I took the easy way out this year and made a little something fun with the kids. They loved it and it turned out really cute. Check it out!



Witches Hats & Brooms!
All you need is:
HATS:
Oreos
Frosting
Hershey's Kisses
BROOMS:
Pretzel Sticks
Fruit by the Foot
It's pretty self explainatory - but all you do is put a dab of frosting on an OREO and put a Hershey's Kiss on top of that. And there's your hat. For the broomstick you just have to cut up a Fruit by the Foot into like 1 inch pieces. Cut the ends so they look freyed and wrap them around the bottom of a pretzel stick. It's as easy as that. Kids LOVE it because they can pretty much do it all themselves!
And of course we carved our pumpkins tonight too. We always wait til the last minute and then cram as much craziness in to one night that we can. It keeps us on our toes! ;)
Happy Hallows Eve everyone! Stay tuned for costume pics!

7 comments:

Andrea said...

I absolutely LOVE those witches hats! What a great idea and so cute! Very easy, too...I like easy :)
Look like you guys had fun carving pumpkins. Don't worry, we just did our last night. Oh well. Hallie looks so grown up in that picture! She is so beautiful! I swear she looks more grown up every time I see her! Crazy!
Can't wait to see the kids in their costumes! Happy Halloween!

Plain Jame said...

HOLY BALLS those are all so cute!

You know, I would love to take pictures any time. I'm a little insecure so I get nervous, but I just love it so much.

Your kids have major growth hormones, they really are growing up so fast!

Thiago & Teri said...

Oh those are so dang cute...and easy, that is my kind of baking. I think it is probably good that you didn't do your pumpkins until now. Mine were out in the hot sun all day yesterday and the day before, and our looking kind of sad. Oh well. Happy Halloween to you guys...can't wait to see the kiddos costumes!!

Craig and Lindsay said...

So cute, we miss you guys! Hope all is well, looks like your staying busy. Give all of the kids a hug for us and tell Pam we miss her too! We love you guys!

Unknown said...

Well Dora Domestic strikes again. And I know how much you had in between all of that because I have my secret informant there in Utah. What a night Halloween is and what a production. Looks like you kept up with tradition and did it all again. Cute stuff you made there Dora. I'm proud of you and I'm proud of your blog. It really does keep me informed about what happening in your neck of the woods and I love it. Give my grandkids a big hug for me. Love you all - Grandpa Gordy

Kristi said...

Hi Amy! I'm going to have to remember the witch hat idea - that is so cute! Ok, I have you on my blog now. :) And we'd love to get together sometime - you're right, we live so close! It would be fun.

Unknown said...

How cute are those cookies. I wish I were creative like you. And Mason's hair too cute. When can you help me with Laney's?