Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Football Update

Okay so y'all know about the current football
obsession we deal with on a daily basis with
Mason. I thought I would give you a little update.


After limiting him to 3 football days a week, he is doing much better. He knows his boundaries and he seems to be sticking by them. Don't go thinkin' he doesn't still beg me to play on his off days - but he seems to be understanding why we had to do this and somehow he just gets it. I tell ya... I am a firm believer that kids need boundaries. It helps them to behave to their highest potential.



Don't get me wrong... we still have our days - he is every bit (if not more) obsessed than ever on his football days. He tries to fit as much football in on those days as he possibly can.


He usually spends most of the day begging his dad to come outside and play football with him. He will literally sit out on the lawn with his helmet on and his football in his hand until Daddy is home from work - and ready to play.

And if for some reason Daddy can't play - or is taking too long he will resort to playing with his little sister.


Hallie doesn't love football. In fact - I might go as far as to say she hates it. But when it comes to hangin' with her big brother - there isn't too much she wouldn't do.

Ya know it just goes to show ya that even though your kids fight like cats and dogs sometimes and you think that one day they might kill each other ... they really do love and look up to each other deep down. Just more of those moments that make motherhood worth while.

With every problem there are always better days ahead.

I can finally see the light!

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Unknown said...

OK so you just made me cry with that last part. Maybe it's the post pregnancy hormones no it's just me I'm a boob. Love ya, Paula

Andrea said...

I love that kid! I think it's great that he's so passionate about something. He does LOVE football, doesn't he? I love those pictures of Mason and Hals playing together. These little sisters will do ANYTHING to be close to their older brothers! You are such a good Mom and because of it you have exceptional kids!

Thiago & Teri said...

That is so true...they sure do like to fight but deep down I think they would be lost without each other. That is how I have always felt about my sisters. Those pictures are so sweet, what a cute girl Hallie is to go along with that.

Jenni said...

That is pretty funny!!! Go Hallee!!!

Unknown said...

Hey Sweetheart - this is dad talking to you now, even though this is coming from mom's e-mail address. I keep tuning into your blog and I need to tell you that I think you missed out. Your writing is so wonderful and the thoughts you keep posting are so inspiring. I just wanted to simply say "I love you" and wish I were closer - BUT - I so much appreciate your sweet little family and the little piece that every one of them individually has in my heart. Yours will always be the part I treasure most.

Plain Jame said...

Hey girl, I hope your shoe party was a blast. I'm so glad you invited me, and feel bad I couldn't make it up there for it. Parties are fun!

Kim said...

I'll tell you what I adore about that first picture of Mason...the dolphins jersey and the niners helmet. He's got the NFL covered from coast to coast! Better that way...the more teams he likes, the better chance one of his teams winning every week. :) Your kids are SO adorable.