Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Week of FIRSTS!

So this was a big week for the Clark family - as I'm sure it was for all of you. It was the beginning of just about everything. We are just getting back into the swing of things. After the craziness of summer, it sure is tough getting used to a regular schedule and routine again. But here is our list of "firsts" for the week.


First Day of First Grade!

What the crap is wrong with me? I am like sobbing just blogging about this day. If you saw me you would think someone must have died. It is so hard for me to watch my kids grow up and transition. Why can't we just push "pause" and make it all stop for a while? It is times like this that I am reminded to slow down a bit and cherish the sweet moments of motherhood. Time just goes way too fast!
He looks happy, doesn't he? Well, don't let him fool ya. The kid has bawled and screamed everyday so far, begging me to let him stay home. I'm tellin' ya - It has been bad.


The principal has literally had to physically restrain him to get him to stay at school. I have left the school every day this week, hearing him crying - my heart being ripped apart. Keep your fingers crossed for us that he can get the hang of this! Any advice anyone might have would be great.

First Day Back to Dance!






So, we all know how much Hallie loves to dance.... but what these pictures don't show is how many times she bawled on her first day back after summer. What is wrong with my kids? Seriously... do I coddle them to much? Why do they have such a hard time with separation and new things? I feel like I must be failing at something. Anyway, she will get the hang of it again...

She's a natural, though... don't ya think? ;)

First Time Eating Watermelon!


Don't go thinkin' that there was any chance of takin' it away from him either, because I tried. He wasn't havin' it. What kid doesn't love watermelon, right?

First Day Back to Soccer!

And of course we would have to start Soccer this week. Naturally it would all come at once, right? Let the routine begin!! So, we had our usual melt down about the name of the team. Mason's team name ideas never get the majority of the votes for some reason. He really wanted to be the "UTES" because they were red... but majority ruled and they are the "Red Torches" Mason says "that's stupid!" - but I think we are over it now. He's just thrilled that he finally got to be RED (his very favorite color!).

It has been a physically and emotionally exhausting week - but we made it through. I'm glad it's a holiday weekend now. I can already use a day off.

Hope y'all had a great week!!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I love all those pictures...so cute! You have had a busy week, girl! I feel so bad for Mason. That transition can be so hard! My heart seriously breaks for him. Tell him we love him....and everyone else too. Hope next week is easier?!

Greg said...

I am so happy I ventured to your blog through Leslie's! It's the easiest way to have a family reunion! I love your pictures of your finished kitchen!!! Yeah!

Shauna Hardy said...

So it is nice to hear that my kids aren't the only ones with separation anxiety....Parker cries every time he tries something new...primary, preschool, and lately it has been soccer. I hate forcing my kids to do things...but I guess we can't shelter them forever. I am so sorry about Mason and hope he does better. I know that kids are pretty tough and I think it bothers us more than it bothers them although it is hard to keep that in mind when you have to hear them cry. Keep being positive...it will all work out!