Sunday, August 10, 2008

The BIG DAY


Ya, I know I'm almost 30 years old... and reading books about sexy vampires might seem a little immature to some - but what can I say, I'm still a little bit "high school-ish" inside. So, yes... I got up early on the morning of August 1st and went down with my buddies (also my age, I might add) to Barnes and Noble to get my "wrist band" so that I could get my reserved copy of "Breaking Dawn" at midnight! Yes, I am crazy - and a little lame. But it was fun. I'm glad I did it. And the book rocks, by the way. (but I'm not finished, so don't ruin it for me!)



So, the girls all went to the cheesecake factory for dinner. After which we headed to Barnes and Noble for the release party. I must say, we felt a little out of place and lame being there, but after we took the test (and ACED it!) we decided it wasn't so bad. I'm not sure why we waited up until Midnight to get it, when we could have just gone to Costco the next morning and picked it up - but what can I say, we like to get a little crazy, right girls??



Here we are waiting outside - eating our cheesecake...




Here we are waiting inside - getting a little tired of waiting...

And FINALLY ... we got our books!
(and yes, mine is upside down - it was a little late, okay?)
So, thanks to Stephenie Meyer, our houses are all a mess, laundry is piling up and our husbands are all ticked off at us and hate anything to do with "vampires" or "warewolves" - but ya gotta hand it to her - the books rock!! Next we'll be the immature idiots at the midnight showing of the movie in December. Stay tuned for that!

1 comments:

kelly said...

Hi Amy!
We must have crossed paths at some point, because I was at the Cheesecake Factory this night AND then we went to Barnes and Noble to get the book.

Too funny.

Did you hear that the movie is coming out three weeks early in November now??? I can't wait!