Saturday, August 2, 2008

Just Chillin'

Everyone always asks me if I ever take time to just "slow down" in my life. I tend to run myself raged most of the time... but I would like to share some pictures of us doing just that - slowin' down a bit. So... here are some pictures of us just hangin around over the past 2 weeks or so. Nothin' special. Just wanted to share some of what we've been up to. Enjoy.



The girls helped me make dinner by putting the spread on the garlic toast. What good little helpers I have. (I think Ashlyn might have wanted a banana, what do you think?)

S L U R P E E S ! !

These were one of our favorite treats while our cousins were in town. Whenever we were out, I would bribe them with Slurpees! It worked like a charm every time! (okay, not EVERY time!) However, there is stradegy to buying Slurpees for 4 children at once. You can't let them choose which flavor they want or all hell breaks loose. Besides the fact that my husband would kill me if RED Slurpee was spilled on the new car, there would always be a fight over who had the best flavor and so on and so forth. So, I usually opted to just give everyone banana. They love the flavor and it doesn't stain. I know, I know... you're impressed at my Slurpee knowledge. I rock.


L I T T L E P O S E R S !

Can you tell we take a lot of pictures? These kids just see me with the camera, and they instantly stop whatever it is they're doing and suddenly they have the perfect little smile on their face. And they even hold the pose until they see the flash. "SAY CHEESE" isn't even necessary anymore. They are professionals. I have given them many years of training - what can I say? I must say, though... I have the cutest little models out there. I've got a lot to work with!



We thought Landon looked pretty dang stylin' in these goggles. He slipped them on and I new it was yet another Kodak moment. These are the kinds of pictures that just define this little guy. I can't describe the adorable corky little personality that the little fella has. He is such a little ham. He could truly entertain an entire crowd if he really wanted to. He cracks me up. It has been a joy having him around.


And of course, the highlight and "grand finale" of our "just chillin' moments" - was when Hallie came running upstairs to show me this. She decided to back the Speed Racer car up and let the wheels go nuts in her hair. I was a little mad, but then I took a step back and decided it was really funny. I had to take a picture. As you can tell, she is forcing this smile out with sheer panic behind it. We ended up having to cut it out after working with it for quite some time. You can't even really tell now. It just looks like she has a little short layer framing her face. I can remember this happening to me when I was little - only I'm fairly positive it was my sweet brother who drove his "Stomper" up in my hair. Bless his heart - he was good to me.

0 comments: