Sunday, August 3, 2008

SURPRISE!

HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY, ROSS!
So, of course I couldn't let my husband turn 30 without doing something BIG, right? That just wouldn't make sense for me. So... of course I did a lot of planning - and with a lot of help, we had a rather large surprise party thrown together. It ended up being perfect... thanks to a lot of help from good friends and amazing family!! (Thanks, Cari & Garrick!) I seriously couldn't have done it without them. But after accepting a lot of help and spending the entire day setting up at the park... we had a very successful and fun surprise birthday party. Ross was completely shocked. I can't believe I actually pulled it off, to be honest.

After quite a bit of arguing and persuading, I rushed Ross to get ready and got 5 kids ready in less than an hour... I was practically shoving everybody out the door. Ross kept saying, "What's the big rush?" as I was hurrying things along. If it weren't for the fact that I'm a pretty wound up person normally, he probably would have known something was up... but he just thought I was in one of my hurry modes. So after a little bit of a fight and arguing the whole way up to the park, this is what he saw when he pulled up. His exact words were "Happy 30th Birthday... oh crap" - and then the party began!

THE GUESTS:


THE CHEF (and party planner!) :
Cari is missing in action... but without these guys, this all would not have happened. - Thank you guys for all your help!!


THE SPEAKERS:


..THIAGO..
..ANGIE..
..SEAN..
..STEVE..
..KYLE..


..JULIE..

The CAKES:

Might I suggest Nothing Bundt Cakes for your next celebration? These cakes were so super good! I was so happy with them. We had Chocolate Chocolate Chip, White Chocolate, White Chocolate Raspberry, Carrot, and Red Velvet. They were to die for!

Here's Kristy helping me serve them! Thanks, Kristy!

The ENTERTAINMENT (for kids, anyway):


Thanks for coming, everybody! We had a really fun time - and it wouldn't have been successful without all of you!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ROSS!

2 comments:

Thiago & Teri said...

Thanks so much for inviting us...it was so much fun and you did a great job. Happy B-day Ross!!

Vikingboy said...

I can't believe I missed the old man's birthday. Welcome to the 30s SUCKA!