Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Arizona in August...

...and we survived!

Okay, so as most of you know, we just got back from Arizona. I know, I know, we are crazy to do that in the middle of August! But when your husband is doing business down there, and your family lives there... you can't miss the chance to tag along. So, we spent a little bit of time in the sun, but most of the time, we tried to go from one Air Conditioned place to the next. It's the only way to survive, I'm afraid. So, here are some pictures from our trip!


So, first of all I need to paint a picture for everyone. My parents house is like our favorite place. When we go there it is always just a magical little experience.

My mom has her house fixed up perfectly with a toyroom that looks like Santa's workshop just for her grandkids. She always has everything so nice, with chocolate truffles by our bedside and everything. It is better than any hotel or B&B you could ever find. Trust me.


We usually walk in to see signs like this. These are just a couple of the cute things that we usually see at Grandma and Grandpa's that make things so special. Thanks mom and dad!




We decided to take the boat up to "Canyon Lake" for a little fun in the sun. We had so much fun being back on the Lake again. It was just like old times. Thanks, Mom and Dad!

Chad, Landon and Mason Check out the rocks behind them - this lake was really pretty!




This was Cole's first boating trip! He seemed to like it!


SUMO TUBE BABY!
Posted by Picasa
Okay, if you've never had the chance to experience the "Sumo Tube", you need to! This is Chad, Ross and me kickin' some butt at it. Turns out I'm pretty dang good at it. It is so much fun to do. If you need a fun new boating toy - get one!! So fun! But nobody kicks butt quite like my brother on the wakeboard. But then again, he usually kicks my butt at everything. What can I say?


And of course, we had to go to a Diamondbacks game while we were there. It was really fun to go to a MLB game - Mason loved it! It was a good game, too - it was close. But the D-backs pulled through!

GO D-BACKS!!


And then to thank us for watching Landon and Ash, Chad and Andrea gave us an awesome night out without the kids at an amazing restaurant called Roys. If you are ever somewhere where you have the opportunity to dine at Roys, do so, because it is amazing food and super fun atmosphere.


Thanks, Chad and Andrea! It was not necessary at all, but we LOVED it!



We even got to spend some time with my Aunt and Uncle and cousins that was long overdue!


So, all in all it was a super fun trip that as usual, went way too fast! We had a great time, though. Too bad we can't live closer to our family. But it sure makes vacation a party!! Love you guys!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I can't believe how fast that week went by! We loved having you guys here with us. At least we got to pack in as much fun as we could possibly squeeze into one week. I have to give you a special thanks for the much anticipated treats you made us. The rice krispy treats and chocolate chip cheese ball were awesome as usual. We love you guys so much and miss you like crazy. Give everyone a kiss from us.

kelly said...

Looks like a fun trip!
When I first saw you guys with the D-Backs shirts on, for a brief moment, I thought it said D-Bags, and I was cracking up because that is what me and Kelly call each other as a joke/insult. It's short for douche bag.
Sorry for defiling your blog with the word douche bag.
Oh crap. That's twice now.

Unknown said...

OK that sumo tube looks like a BLAST! I actually could have done that without the sumo tube at youth conference, do you think the baby tummy would have worked the same way?