Tuesday, July 22, 2008

CLARK CABIN

We had such a fun weekend up at the cabin with the Clarks. It turned out to be a really great experience for our family. The kids had so much fun with their cousins. We don't do a lot of camping. (actually - we never camp) But I absolutely love it. There's something so calming and peaceful about being secluded in nature with the ones you love. I am a firm believer that you need to make time for the ones you love - regardless of how hecktic life can seem. You just can't miss out on time to bond with loved ones. This cabin is the perfect cabin to just fit our needs. It doesn't have too much - yet it has what we need. I like the feeling of roughin' it a bit, and I like that this cabin gives you that feel. Anyway... here are some pictures of some of the fun things we did.


I don't know if this picture portrays the look of sheer terror on Mason's face - but it took everything in his power to get the courage up to go down the river with Pania and Logan. And what you don't see is how they all got dumped off not even 5 seconds after this was taken. Poor Mason. But like his daddy always says, "It'll make him tough". Whatever - he did end up loving it though.
No swimsuit? Not a problem for Ross! He still took his turn headin' down the river. He only did it once, though. Weird. I must say, I was tempted to give it a shot, but decided against it for fear of humiliating myself in front of Ross' family. ;)



Even Molly did a little splashin' around with us. She loved it when the kids would splash the water up in the air - she would try and bite the water. But don't go thinkin' she was brave or anything, because if it was anything more than about 1 1/2 feet deep, she wouldn't even go near it. Silly Molly. We were really glad we brought her up with us this year. She was a lot of fun to have along.
And of course, we had to do pedicures on all of our dirty feet! These were just the toes that got painted. We didn't take a picture of all the men's feet after they got a little pampering done. It turned out to be a really fun activity - I thinkwe need to make it an anual tradition!




And of course, it wouldn't be the same without a little ATV action! (thanks Rob!) We had a lot of fun on the 4-wheeler as always. Mason would really like to drive it on his own. We told him to give it a few years. I am becoming quite the pro, if I do say so myself.



And my sweet Cole was a trooper as always. He just went with the flow of things and kept a smile on his face. He is such a great kid. And yes, the wet spot on his clothes is ALL DROOL! I go through clothes like mad - but if that is all I have to complain about with this little guy, I think I'm doin pretty darn good!





We love ourselves a s'more here and there. Hals enjoyed roasting the marshmallows by rolling them around in the dirt a little and then lighting them on fire. And then she would get upset when I wouldn't let her eat the ones that she roasted. "What's wrong with eatin' a little dirt, Mom"? A little dirt never hurt, I guess... right?


And so 45 mosquito bites, and 3 days later, I am home and still not done catching up with the laundry from the cabin. But we sure did have fun! Looking forward to next year! - Thanks for the fun time everyone.

1 comments:

Thiago & Teri said...

That looks like so much fun. Cabins are my idea of camping. I like a covered place to sleep at the end of the day. It is so funny, cause I keep telling Thiago things about you guys that I see on your blog...I will say "Did you know that ross and amy this or that"...he thinks it is so weird that I know more about you guys now than he does. Ha-ha funny!!