Monday, December 1, 2008

Blog Neglect

So once again I find myself neglecting my blog. Let's just say what I always say... "I've been super busy". Ok - 'nuf said.


Anyway, I think we are finally seeing the light from all our remodeling construction. Our bathroom is just about done! I'm so excited to finally have my house back. I never thought I'd want to stop remodeling - but I truly need a break from all of it. Anyway... we finally got our new carpet! Yahoo! Those of you who have been in my home know that my old carpet was awful and that we desperately needed some new. So we finally did it. It was a long process - and with the help of some really good friends, we moved all the furniture out of our entire upstairs. (Thanks Kyle and Kristy) So needless to say, we didn't have any beds upstairs. So, we had a family "camp-out" in the basement.


And what's a camp-out without a tent, right? So, we let the kids get out the "shark tent" and their sleeping bags and we made the most of having to "rough it" in the basement.



And here's where mommy and daddy slept:

We won't mention that we were in such a mess that it took us a few days to get things back together. Let's just say our camp-out lasted multiple nights! Anyway... we survived and we are excited to have everyone come see our improvements. We are finally just about through.

3 comments:

Plain Jame said...

Yay! I love home improvements! I am a tad jealous - I wish we had new carpet. I hate our carpet so bad it's like library carpet. Uggh! Did you have a good thanksgiving?

Andrea said...

Amy, can I just say.....I seriously LOVE what you've done with the house! It is so gorgeous and I was so glad we finally got to see it in person! I'm glad you are almost done so you finbally can enjoy it :) Love ya!

Thiago & Teri said...

Thats cute...fun idea. At least the campout was in your basement, much better than outside.